07 November 2011

Thankful November Day 7


Today I am thankful for faith. The kind of faith that carries you through really hard times without knowing the outcome. It's amazing how many things have happened in my life and those I love in the past three years that looked like disaster that ended up being okay in the end or that ended up making perfect sense months later when other things happened that made everything clear. I'm thankful for faith that if things don't work out the way we want that they still work out better than we imagined even in the new set of circumstances we find ourselves in.

It's amazing how one thing that seemed particularly disastrous for me was completely forgotten when just two weeks later something way more important happened and put all grief for the previous event out of sight. It was actually ideal that the first thing happened, because it freed me up to focus on the second, much more important situation. It's funny how things work that way so often.

Sometimes we think everything is about to fall apart and we're at the end of our ropes, then we're forced to endure a little longer. But everything stays afloat and things although delayed work out in a better way than we could have anticipated.

I've learned in the past few years that what seems disastrous in the moment rarely is and that there are good outcomes coming to us that are totally our of our ability to envision. I'm so grateful for this faith, it has served me well and as I look forward in life it allows me to live in less stress and more gratitude and peace.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...