23 October 2012

A Pin Test #8: Simple Embossing Technique


It's definitely time for another A Pin Test feature. Today I attempted Arounna of Boukhou At Home's Simple Embossing Technique. This was a quick and easy project and I was impressed with the success.

Arounna's directions are clear and easy. Here's what I did differently. Instead of tracing & cutting out an image, I used my star paper punch. I used thick watercolor paper and to get a good, bold image I cut out three stars, discarded the stars and used the outline left in the three sheets of paper. I glued the three star outlines together one on top of each other, very precisely. This gave me a nice, deep outline to template onto the paper.

I did everything else just as Arounna described. This project took me only about ten minutes by the time I took out paper, created my embossing template and embossed the paper. My cleanup should take less than a minute. I created a bookmark with a strip of silver washi tape, a gift tag with a strip of green ribbon and a holiday card by tracing three stars and using washi tape with the greeting Wishing You A Holly Jolly Christmas.

I love this option for making unique, simple, handmade cards. I could easily emboss an initial on a card for a birthday gift, hearts for Valentine's Day, a small teddy bear or duck on a baby shower gift tag. These stars would be great for Fourth of July paper crafts too. As Arounna said in her post, you could paint or gliftter these embossed images too...so many options.

So this A Pin Test project was a success and I'm so glad I learned how quick and easy it is. I will definitely be trying this again to make unique cards and gift tags going forward. Thanks Arounna!

You can see more A Pin Test successes and failures here.

2 comments:

Yasmin said...

Wow! Such an easy way to make a letter stand out. Thanks for the tip. -Yasmin (BYW)

http://banglesandbungalows.blogspot.com

Kathleen Alexander said...

Hi Kalani,
BYW student here visiting your blog for the first time. I certainly like your words today as making friends and making myself get out there is difficult. I moved 7 times in 14 years and your advice is spot on. You're a wonderful writer and love your blog. I'll be back!
Kathleen Alexander
Throughmywindowka.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...