12 March 2013

Easy DIY Beach-inspired Art Project


In the spirit of super easy, inexpensive art this has to be a favorite of mine. Inspired by all the fun shell art projects on Pinterest I remembered that I have a few IKEA shadow box frames tucked away somewhere that I hadn't done anything with. I grabbed two of the black frames, lined the back with charcoal construction paper (which I snagged from The Bug's art supplies) and attached two shells using foam adhesive squares.

Literally took less than 30 minutes to track down all the supplies and pull these together. The best part is that they solved a small design dilemma I've been trying to resolve for a couple of weeks. I have been looking for something simple I could put in the deep windowsill in my bedroom. I went to a bunch of stores looking for something and after a lot of frustration didn't find anything that worked.

Guess what look amazing in my all white-walled bathroom windowsill. These two pieces. Perfection, no additional expense and perfectly in harmony with our beach inspired home style. Matched up with a rectangle jar filled with bright green pothos cuttings it's perfection. And didn't cost me a dime to pull it all together. 

Here are a few more beach-inspired DIYs you might enjoy:

Beach Inspired DIY Headboard
Upcycled Wicker Cutlery Basket
Driftwood Garland DIY
Found Ocean Wood DIY Sign
Photo Frame Project

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...