30 April 2014

Spring Cleaning: The Wallet

You know how I complain frequently, haha, about how spring in LA is kinda crummy? Well it's been fine, cool, in the upper 60s I think, definitely sweater weather. And then yesterday we bust out a 90 degree day out of the blue - with a hot, creepy wind. So bizarre. Needless to say we hit the shave ice shop after dinner. My favorite: macadamia nut ice cream scoop, shave ice with watermelon, tiger's blood and coconut with snowcap (aka sweetened condensed milk drizzled on top.) It was so good but it sure went down fast when temps were so hot. The ice would instantly turn to liquid once it hit your mouth.

Another thing I did this week was spring clean my wallet. It was starting to get to the point where I couldn't snap it shut very easily. I found a lot of things I didn't need in there anymore, like an old insurance card and lots of receipts for things like food, gas and parking.

I organized the receipts I needed to save and happily threw the rest out. I also cleaned out the change purse -- all the quarters go to the laundry coin purse. I keep about three dimes in my wallet for a quick parking meter situation and then the rest goes into the loose coins jar.

Even though I frequently do a clean sweep of my wallet, it was amazing to pull everything out and find things that were long past needed in my wallet. It's a great place to do a little spring cleaning right now. Especially since it's something you use every day, that creates serious weight in the handbag and can easily get filled with junk. Have you cleaned out your wallet lately? What was the strangest thing you found there? What was the oldest, most unneeded thing you got rid of?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...