24 October 2014

Inspiration: Posts That Are Making Me Think


It's been a busy week. In the past week the after school activities have picked up so we have a few more weekly obligations on the calendar now. It's good but it keeps me on a tight schedule.

I also just went through my annual ladies check ups the past two weeks. I walked in the house Monday afternoon wondering why I felt like I'd been punched just below my under arm.

Then I remembered I'd been to my annual Mammogram that morning. Ouch. Yes, please get the best visual possible and if that requires that kind of crushing, well then I guess we'll go with it.

I have had a few blog posts I've read that have really felt like they might be a little life changing for me. They express thoughts that stick with me, create visions of hopefulness, make me change my behavior, start inspiring my choices, and help me to feel more connected to the life I really want.

One that I read a few weeks ago was a Living With Kids at Design Mom highlighting the home of Solly Baby founder Elle Rowley. Elle had some fantastic things to say about living in a tiny home with three kids, raising children, being a mom and small business owner. I printed out the interview with her from Living With Kids and I will tuck it away in a journal to remind me how she inspired me as a mom and entrepreneur.

This article from Mother's Niche on Sugar Addiction caught my attention. I think I have a problem with sugar. I want to address it. These tips feel concrete, realistic and helpful.

I've been thinking about how to fund some little ventures I have in mind and this post from Rain On A Tin Roof, How To Find Money gave me some good ideas. It was a great reminder that there is money all around us if we know where to find it and how to make it.

I started looking around and realized that despite my efforts to keep things minimalist and streamlined, we still have stuff we don't need anymore. For example, we have multiple car booster seats. We don't use them anymore, but we could keep one for visitors as needed...but we don't need three.

We could pass all this stuff onto to others who could use it and would probably love to buy it at less than new prices. Then we can use that money for things we do need or are dreaming of. I'm going to start posting stuff for sale on Monday.

I have more to share, but that's probably good for today. I hope you find something that inspires you here. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

image definition via Merriam-Webster

1 comment:

parkhurstparty.blogspot.com said...

My package came today! I love the beads! I think I am going to let my daughters bling up my ear phones! They will love it! Thx again! Ps love your handwriting!😀

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...