29 October 2014

Round Up: Thanksgiving Decorating Inspirations


I'm not one to rush the holidays but when we have our biggest Halloween celebration the weekend before Halloween actually happens it's super easy for me to just cruise on by, thinking Halloween is over. I have been thinking that all week.

Every time I see some Halloween decoration or pin, or tweet, I think, isn't that over already? I have to remind myself that we haven't even actually hit Halloween yet.

So I'm already thinking about Thanksgiving, although I have no idea what we are doing for the holiday. But I thought I would do a little Thanksgiving decoration round up of some of my favorite, fresh ideas for decorating for everyone's favorite eating holiday. Also known as the day we remember those who made such great sacrifices to establish this country we enjoy living in.

I'm going to go non-traditional here and really try to inspire new ways of looking at Thanksgiving.

1. I love these painted pumpkins by Rachel Faucett at Handmade Charlotte. Wouldn't it be a fun way to turn your Thanksgiving table on its ear with very modern, brightly colored pumpkins. I can just envision such fun dishware, linens and candles to go along with these. Why stick with the traditional browns, yellows, reds and oranges. Let's broaden the holiday color palette!

2. Glitter paper is the secret to giving this Give Thanks banner, by Sugar Bee Crafts, it's sparkle in a fast and easy way. I was seriously thinking letters cut out from card stock, then a lot of glue and glitter mess, but hello glitter paper sounds fantastically better for this project...and maybe every glitter project ever.

3) The Lantern Pumpkins would be so gorgeous outside a home to welcome guests for a feast or to send them off into the night at the end of a beautiful day.


4) The Mayflower has long been a favorite pin on Pinterest for me. I backtracked this to two blogs which seem to not exist anymore: Desperately Seeking Gina and Maybe She Made It. So I'm glad at least it's living on in Pinterest-land. This is definitely on my DIY holiday project list for the future.

5) Looking Glass Pumpkins would make for a very lovely, formal statement. They would work in so many different formats but today I see them on a black and white tablescape.

6) Love these painted acorns by Beth at Home Stories A to Z. Possibilities here are endless. They would be great sprinkled down the center of the table, in jars or candle holders. Lots of options. I could just stare at these for a long time.

I'm liking this inspiration to toss it up a little this Thanksgiving and go with a rich and color-filled palette. Hope something here has you percolating new ideas too. Thanks to all these creative bloggers who shared their inspiration.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...