26 February 2016

Pin Test #23: Slow Cooker Recipes

It's been a long time since I did a Pin Test, like two years now. I take a Pinterest How To and try it and share the results with you. I don't know how that dropped off my radar, but it once was a regular column here at kalanicut and it is one of my favorites. I'm starting up Pin Tests again and I have three quick ones I'll share with you. Today I'm going to share three slow cooker recipes I found on Pinterest.

In early January, probably a few days before I broke my foot I decided to start doing slow cooker meals on Sunday mornings so that we'd have a nice hot meal waiting for us when we got home from church at 4 p.m. My other genius thought behind this was that we would have leftovers for at least one more meal if not more during the week. This has been a great success! It's so great to come home to a meal pretty much totally ready to go. I just throw together a big salad, finish up any last minute preparations and we are enjoying a feast within the hour.


image via Gimme Some Oven

The first recipe we tried was this Barbarcoa from Gimme Some Oven.We loved it and made a lot of crazy good tacos and burritoes from it. It was great to have leftovers that we made into a variety of meals.



The next recipe we tried was French Dip Sandwiches by CarlsbadCravings.com. I bought big sub rolls and added my own sauteed onions, green peppers and mushrooms on top, then added the cheese toasted it all in the oven for a few minutes. This was a big hit and so tasty.We got two dinners out of this and loved every bite.

from Food.com

For Valentine's Day I made The Man's favorite, Pork Loin from this recipe from Food.com. With it I made garlic mashed potatoes and gravy, asparagus and again we have a big salad. For dessert we had the choice of Key Lime Pie or Strawberry Shortcake. Some family members had a little of both.

The pork loin was another very tasty dish and was devoured by all. I've had some dry pork loin in my life so I appreciated how very moist and tender this recipe turned out. The Man said it could have a little less lemon in the recipe, but I may have added a little extra, but he ate it right up and enjoyed it.

My game plan now is that every Saturday I pick the dish and then Saturday night make a quick trip to the grocery store for any ingredients I need and to pick up the meat. It's turned into a fun little tradition and I love being able to sleep in a bit on Sundays and then get up and quickly toss everything into the slow cooker, turn it on and then go about my day. I've started enjoying Sunday dinners a lot more with less stress and work to do and we're definitely enjoying some really amazing meals!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...