17 February 2016

Valentine's Visit To Santa Fe, New Mexico

Now that I'm a little more mobile and due to a bad case of cabin fever from our first cold-climate winter, we have made an effort to get out on a family outing the past two weekends. On Saturday we made a quick afternoon trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico.


I left an important notebook in my hotel room on a quick overnight business trip to Santa Fe earlier this week. So we decided to make a quick trip of retrieving it. From our home Santa Fe is an easy day trip. Once we picked up my notebook from the fabulous El Dorado Hotel by Heritage Hotels and Spas, where the conference I attended was held, we then did some walking around the town square.

It was late in the day when we arrived but the weather has been quite wonderful this week so a shirt and light jacket or vest was all that was needed. I enjoyed watching the sun set across the building-scape as we wandered. The Man and Kiddo love going into all the gem, mineral, fossil stores. I picked up two inexpensive braided leather bracelets. Every spring and summer I get the itch to wear layered bracelets and I thought these two would be a great basis for perfect stacked bracelets for Spring/Summer 2016. There is a lot of great stacked bracelet inspiration on my jewelry board on Pinterest.

We missed hitting one of my favorite home interior stores, Sequoia. But we'll get there another time. It was not easy traveling on the uneven brick, concrete and cobblestones around the city on the knee scooter. Yikes. But we had some great French crepes with fresh berries and had fun window shopping.

At the end of our day in Santa Fe we spend a few minutes sitting in the town square enjoying all the holiday-ish lights that still light up the square. It was relaxing to catch our breath before we made the drive home. We picked up a quick bite to eat in the car on the way home. It was a lovely way to spend an afternoon and I was quite happy to get my notebook back. Short day trips are a good thing. If you are interested in visiting Santa Fe, New Mexico, you can get lots more information at Visit Santa Fe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...